Small Business Accounting – Many accountants are not trained for small business accounting and only prepare taxes. Many small businesses cannot afford full-time in-house bookkeepers. We enjoy paying attention to details and offer professional guidance with extensive knowledge of preparing financial statements to all of our Houston clients. (link to another page)
Quickbooks (Setup, Training, Support, Analysis, Tips) – Certified affordable and highly trained bookkeepers serving Houston and the surrounding area. We offer the quality and support of a large accounting firm at the price of an independent bookkeeper.
Payroll Services – We can process your payroll, make your payroll deposits, and prepare your quarterly reports timely, without penalties and interest. We also prepare 1099s and annual payroll tax returns.
Bank Financing – We assist you in filling out the pages and pages of tedious bank financing applications to get you the money you need to operate your business successfully.
Strategic Business Planning – We will guide in you in determining which entity structure is best for your business and for your tax liability.
New Business Formation – We will assist you in setting up the type of business structure you need and incorporate your business for you so that you can focus on running your business.
Small Business Accounting:
As a business owner, you have more important things to do than to keep your own books. We take care of your books for you, so you can focus on running your business and generating profits!
Each month or quarter, we’ll do the following things for you –
- Reconcile your bank account
- Generate financials
- Clean up the general ledger
- Provide unlimited support
These tasks form the solid foundation for your business accounting system. You can customize the package of services you receive by adding payroll, tax planning, tax preparation, or any of our other services.
Reconciling your business checking account each month allows us to keep your bank account, accounting and taxes up to date, while allow you to:
- Identify lost checks, deposits and unauthorized wire transfers to minimalize fraud;
- Detect and prevent excess/unjustified bank charges;
- Ensure transactions are posted correctly by your bank;
- Detect and prevent embezzlement of funds from within your company;
- Manage your cash more effectively.
Financials consist of an income statement and balance sheet, which provide a detailed picture of how your business is doing at any particular time or comparative time period. Financial statements are the most basic elements in providing financial reporting to potential lenders such as banks, investors, and vendors who are considering how much credit to grant you.
An income statement, otherwise known as a profit and loss statement, basically adds an itemized list of all your revenues and subtracts an itemized list of all your expenses to come up with a profit or loss for the period. An income statement allows you to:
- Track revenues and expenses so that you can determine the operating performance of your business on a percentage of income basis;
- Determine what areas of your business are over-budget or under-budget;
- Identify specific items that are causing unexpected expenditures;
- Track dramatic increases in product returns or cost of goods sold as a percentage of sales;
- Determine your income tax liability.
A balance sheet gives you a snapshot of your business’ financial condition at a specific moment in time. A balance sheet helps you:
- Quickly get a handle on the financial strength and capabilities of your business;
- Identify and analyze trends, particularly in the area of receivables and payables;
- Determine if your business is in a position to expand;
- Determine if your business can easily handle the normal financial ebbs and flows of revenues and expenses;
- Determine if you need to take immediate steps to bolster cash reserves.
Maintaining a Clean General Ledger
The general ledger is the core of your company’s financial records. These records constitute the central “books” of your system. Since every transaction flows through the general ledger, a problem with your general ledger throws off all your books.
Having us review your general ledger system each month allows us to hunt down any discrepancies such as double billings or any unrecorded payments. Then we’ll fix the discrepancies so that your books are always accurate.
We provide affordable professional tax preparation services to individuals and small businesses at prices lower than the national tax service chains and local CPA firms. We know tax laws and work to get you every tax savings possible.
- IRS Audit Assistance
- Non-Filed Tax Returns
- Back Taxes Owed
- Payroll Tax Problems
- IRS Liens
- IRS Levies
- IRS Wage Garnishment
- IRS Seizures
- Offer in Compromise
- IRS Payment Plan